During this workshop, you will:
- Learn how to test water quality and identify waterbugs with John Gooderham, Simon Roberts, and Chris Bobbi
- Learn how to start a Waterwatch group
- Learn how to restore local waterways sensitively
- Learn about Landcare issues in your local catchment
- Meet local likeminded people and Landcare groups
- Get excited about citizen science and what you can do
Before coming to the workshop, please download The Waterbug App (free, Android and ios-Apple) and register. You can download it from Google Play, the App Store, or www.thewaterbugapp.com
Please carpool to this event if you can!
- Arrive at Mountain River Hall
- Welcome, introduction and talk by Landcare Tasmania CEO Peter Stronach.
- Talk about the local importance of eucalyptus ovata forest by Cassie Strain from NRM South.
- Begin the water testing and waterbug ID workshop.
- Lunch break, provided by local restaurant My Slice of Pie.
- Continue water testing and waterbug ID workshop.
- To finish up the workshop, we will learn how to start and run a Waterwatch Group from Simon Roberts.
June 25, 2022 at 10:30am - 2:30pm
Sorry, this event is sold out.