(19 March 2021) Landcare Tasmania put forward a budget submission to State Government outlining our projected needs for the next three years (FY 2022 - FY 2024). Our membership has increased dramatically along with general support and involvement in Landcare activities across the state.
The five main areas of continued and additional support that Landcare Tasmania requires to maintain and improve our support to the Landcare movement across Tasmania are;
- Increase core funding to accommodate increased membership and volunteer numbers (from $155,000 to $240,000)
- Incremental increase of current Landcare Assistance Package (LAP) to accommodate increase membership and volunteer numbers (increased insurance costs and small grant – covered by LAP) (an increase of $5,000 per year from $75,000)
- Continued biennial conference sponsorship ($20,000 every two years)
- Two funded extension staff in Northern and Southern Tasmania to roll out our Inter-generational Knowledge transfer and targeted schools outreach programme. (Two positions totaling $240,000)
- Extension of Landcare Action Grants funding for Landcare Tasmania’s onground Landscape focused projects (Additional $100,000 in FY 22 and $200,000 in FY23 & FY24)
The full budget submission can be found HERE