Landcare Tasmania is seeking expressions of interest for Directors to fill 4 vacancies on our Board.
This an exciting time for community Landcare in Tasmania, which requires strong and effective governance from the Board to:
- Guide progress towards our vision for all the land and coasts of Tasmania to be cared for by the community.
- Meet the expectations and regulatory requirements of not-for-profit organisations.
- Further our objects to be the peak body that represents, supports, strengthens and grows the community Landcare movement in Tasmania.
Landcare Tasmania's Board is responsible for ensuring the proper management of the affairs of our organisation. The Board consists of 7 Directors, each with a normal term of 3 years for a maximum of 2 terms. Positions on the Board are honorary and you'll be working alongside a great bunch of people committed to building on the unique strengths of community Landcare to continue to make a difference to our environment and sustainability challenges.
The Board is skills based and includes knowledge, experience and expertise in the areas of:
- Community Landcare
- Financial planning, management and accounting
- Board and organisational governance
- Workplace health and safety
- Marketing, promotions and communications
- Risk management
- Strategic plan
- Operation of Deductible Gift Recipient funds
Have a look at the following documents:
Expressions of interest should be sent to Peter Stronach, Public Officer ([email protected]) by 12pm Wednesday 24th November, 2021. Please include both a CV and the completed skills assessment.
To find out more please email [email protected] or phone (03) 6234 7117