Ulverstone, Tasmania 7315
Google map and directions
This year’s Ecofest promises to be even bigger and bright than last year’s, when the wharf comes alive again with the biggest festival for sustainable living in the North West. Ecofest encourages us to find out more about how to live sustainably and how to reduce our ecological footprint. For many, this may be the first opportunity they have had to share information and knowledge about sustainable living. We’ve all seen the terrible pictures of plastics clogging our oceans and waterways. The theme of this year’s Ecofest is a Waste Free Future, and aims to inspire us all to think about waste and ways we can reduce it. Our aim is that everyone leaves Ecofest having learnt something about the environment, how to reduce waste and lots of tips about how to tread more lightly on the earth.
You will find:-
• A range of stalls – from energy saving to ethical investing; reducing waste and earth friendly cleaning products; wild food, bush burials to electric transport.
• Workshops on climate change, no-dig gardening, composting and worm farming.
• Information talks and open discussions – from bees and natural burial, from permaculture and birds of the North-West to tips on reducing waste and saving energy at home.
• Wonderful local food, music and the good company of like-minded people.
• Electric vehicles.
• Children’s activities and toy swap.
• Clothes mending and swap.
• Opportunities to engage with some of our wonderful local community groups who are willing to share their expertise in the areas of sustainability, wellbeing and the environment.
What: North West Ecofest – A Waste Free World
Where: Gnomon Room on the Wharf at Ulverstone
When: April 28th, 2018 – 10am to 4pm
Entry: By gold coin donation Please bring your own water bottle to fill..
Facebook: North West Ecofest [email protected]
Website: North West Environment Centre