11/10/2022 - Landcare Tasmania is hiring a Project Manager based at our Hobart office. Applications close 9am on Friday 28th October
ABOUT LANDCARE TASMANIA:
Landcare Tasmania is the peak body that represents, supports, strengthens and grows the community Landcare movement in Tasmania. It is the oldest State-based Landcare organisation in Australia with more than 300 member groups, plus individual and associate members; supporting over 6,000 volunteers to maintain and improve the health of Tasmania’s natural and working landscapes.
Landcare Tasmania is a not-for-profit, non-government organisation and registered charity. We work closely with the community, government bodies, businesses, educational institutions and other environmental organisations to achieve environmental and sustainability outcomes for Tasmania. We have a small but passionate team of staff based mainly in Hobart. We value our high ethical standards and personal integrity among employees. Landcare Tasmania supports and celebrates inclusiveness and diversity in the workplace.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to oversee the development and delivery of a number of Landcare Tasmania’s projects. Our focus areas include Landscape Restoration, Community Outreach and Education. The Project Manager works closely with the CEO, Finance Manager and Member Services Manager, and is supported by a small team of Project Officers.
Our ideal applicant:
- Is passionate about caring for Tasmania’s environment and values community engagement.
- Has broad knowledge and skills in environmental protection, restoration and management across a range of landscapes and land uses in Tasmania.
- Has experience in community capacity building and knowledge sharing.
- Is organised, efficient and can manage competing priorities while maintaining good attention to detail.
- Is a creative thinker and problem solver who can adapt quickly to changing conditions.
- Is an excellent communicator who can build productive relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Works well in a fast-paced small team environment and can take initiative to pick up and run with whatever needs to be done.
- Acts with honesty and integrity in their work.
- Enjoys working with a small team and has a good sense of humour.
- Your resume
- A statement addressing your suitability for the role in line with the selection criteria (max 2 pages)
- Details of at least 2 professional referees including a current or recent supervisor