2019 Conference Field Trip - Bruny Island
Book Tickets below to choose this trip
(For Ticket Holders Only - Please purchase your tickets through this link if you haven't already)
Threatened species habitat, wildlife, swift parrots and coastal rehabilitation. Bruny Island Game meats for lunch and talk.
- Registration at Blundstone Arena opens from 7.40am
- Departing Blundstone Arena at 8.00am
- Arrive at Kettering – for ferry at 8.50am
- Dennes Point – Coast care walk and talk with Giselle Nathan
- Lunch at Bruny Island Game Meats
- Tour at Inala Nature reserve - where you will have two options: the Gondwana Garden and the Nature Museum and see the Raptor photography hide set up for raptor conservation, or a 45 min walk to see the Forty spotted Pardalote habitat and platform, discuss the Swift Parrot habitat and conservation.
- Adventure Bay walk and talk with spectacular views, and some amazing coastal rehabilitation, if you have sharp eyes you might see some swift parrots and white wallabies.
- Ferry Back: 4.30pm or 5pm departure.
Drive time 4 hours. 4 hours for talks and lunch. 8.30am – 5pm 9.5 hours total.
Swift parrot photo by Chris Tzaros, pademelon photo by Inala