Seed Resilience & Community Seed Bank Meeting
The next step of our Seed Resilience Project is setting up a pilot community seed bank and creating a network of people who are involved and skilled in the collection, storage and distribution of native seed. We need your input, so please join us for a discussion on how to achieve this!
What we will cover:
- Landcare Tasmania’s Seed Resilience project. What we have been doing and our future goals.
- Issues and barriers to sourcing native seed in Tasmania.
- Availability of native seed into the future and the impact of climate change.
- Commercial nurseries and how they are coping with sourcing native seed in Tasmania.
- Examples of past and potential solutions. Landcare case study.
- How we can tackle the decline in native seed supply for revegetation projects.
- The viability and logistics of setting up a community seed bank.
- Establishing a Native Seed Collectors Network (Facebook Group).
- Ruth Mollison (Island Seeds)
- James Wood (RTBG)
- Andrew Stevenson (Wild Seed Tasmania)
- Sally & Herbert Staubmann (Habitat Plants)
- Dan Frost (Seeding Victoria)
- Phil Moran (Noosa District Landcare)
Please note the time of this has changed to 2pm-3.30pm