Coastal walk, community market garden and an exclusive tour of Bangor
- Registration at Blundstone Arena opens from 9.00am
- Leaving from Blundstone arena at 9.30am
- Bream Creek Community Market Garden inc. – Community garden. Talk with Rebecca discussing the Gardens unique social enterprise as a community hub and a market garden using regenerative farming practices. Being as inclusive as possible of kids, dogs and community with the resulting benefits, challenges and triumphs of a grass roots organisation.
- A quick stop at Marion Bay for a short walk and talk with Carly Lambert From Marion Bay Coastcare - What does MBC get up to on their monthly working bees? Carly will share some of MBC's successes stories, ongoing projects and the challenges that come with caring for a dynamic environment with a diversity of recreational and natural values
- Tasman Landcare Group. Visit Bangor, picnic lunch and a walk about talk from Tom Dunbabbin. Covering the history, farming and conservation of Bangor. Particular emphasis will be on the integration of values with the aim of achieving a viable business and preserve the natural and historic values.
Please remember to bring:
- A water bottle
- Walking shoes
- (optional) binoculars if you are interested in spotting some wildlife along the way
Drive time 1.45 hours. 5 hours for talks and lunch. 9.00am – 4.30pm. Approximately 7.5 hours total.