3rd Feb 2023 |
We are seeking an experienced events coordinator to take the lead in the planning, coordination and delivery of the biennial Tasmanian Community Landcare conference, with the next conference to be held in October 2023.
The Events Coordinator will also assist with the planning and delivery of Landcare Tasmania’s Outreach events program (level of involvement dependent on agreed working hours).
This role will work closely with the CEO and Project Manager to ensure appropriate reporting, controls and risk management are applied to all Landcare Tasmania events.
Download the Position Description
POSITION TITLE: Events Coordinator
BASIS OF EMPLOYMENT: Hours negotiable between part time 0.6 FTE, (45.6 hours per fortnight) and full time (76 hours per fortnight). Position requires occasional work outside of normal business hours.
LOCATION: Hobart, Tasmania, with occasional travel within Tasmania.
SALARY: To be negotiated based on skills and experience. $70,000 - $75,000 per annum pro rata, plus superannuation.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Executive Officer
Internal relationships: Works closely with the CEO, Finance and Admin Manager, Project Manager, Member Services Manager and Communications Coordinator. Works collaboratively with the Landcare Tasmania team, Board, Members Council and other committees.
External relationships: Stakeholders, member groups and suppliers.
- At least three years’ experience working in events or festivals in a similar role.
- Excellent people management skills: able to effectively supervise and/or manage the activities of a large number of workers (employees, volunteers and contractors).
- Strong communication skills with the ability to engage with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Understanding of environmental NGOs and the Landcare movement.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects and multi-task, whilst being responsible for all related administrative tasks (eg. ticketing, scheduling, volunteers, programming, equipment).
- Proven experience in project budget management (minimum 2-3 years’ experience).
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel, with experience working with CRM and project management software highly desirable.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player as well as independently.
- A current drivers licence.
- A Tasmanian Working With Vulnerable People card or ability to obtain.
- Tertiary qualification in event management, hospitality management or similar.
- Experience working with NGO’s
- First Aid Certificate
- Other specialised event or communications skills (eg. event AV, social media, podcasting, etc)
- Your resume
- A statement addressing your suitability for the role in line with the selection criteria (max 2 pages)
- Details of at least 2 professional referees including a current or recent supervisor
ABOUT LANDCARE TASMANIA:
Landcare Tasmania is the peak body that represents, supports, strengthens and grows the community Landcare movement in Tasmania. It is the oldest State-based Landcare organisation in Australia with more than 300 member groups, plus individual and associate members; supporting over 6,000 volunteers to maintain and improve the health of Tasmania’s natural and working landscapes.
Landcare Tasmania is a not-for-profit, non-government organisation and registered charity. We work closely with the community, government bodies, businesses, educational institutions and other environmental organisations to achieve environmental and sustainability outcomes for Tasmania. We have a small but passionate team of staff based in Hobart. We value our high ethical standards and personal integrity among employees. Landcare Tasmania supports and celebrates inclusiveness and diversity in the workplace.
The Tasmanian Community Landcare Conference
Every two years, Landcare Tasmania holds its flagship community outreach event - the Tasmanian Community Landcare Conference weekend. It's a melting pot of ideas, a chance to connect with other Landcarers around the state, and a launchpad for the next two years.