Information about your Individual or Group Membership:
- Annual memberships expire on the 31st of January. We have a generous grace period until the 1st of March. After the 1st of March you will not be able to access the LAP grant and Bulk Insurance program.
- For new individuals/groups who joined after 30th September, your membership is extended until the 31st of January of the following year. However you will still want to apply for membership benefits, and the information you will submit here is vitally important for us to work out how to best support your work and advocate for your needs.
Instructions for Groups:
We've rolled all your annual Landcare Tas administrative tasks into one annual Membership Form, which can be done online, by post, or over the phone. The deadline is the 1st of March.
Whichever way you do your group's renewal, please gather the following before you begin:
- Your group's primary contact details - name, phone, email, address for Landcare Tasmania to contact your group.
- Your group's public contact details - name, phone and/or email of whoever is responsible for contact with the community
- Information about your group's activities: The areas you are working in, issues you are working on, and activities you are doing to address those issues, and incorporation status (tick boxes)
Information on your volunteers:
- Current number of core volunteers (decision makers/committee members),
- Current number of regular volunteers and members,
- Last year's total volunteer hours,
- Last year's maximum number of volunteers at any event or meeting,
- Total number of events/meetings last year.
Credit card for online payment, or choose an offline option.
- Certain groups do not need to pay a membership fee at this time. In this case the payment page will not be visible to you. This includes groups paid for by their local Council, Wildcare groups with centrally managed accounts, and new groups who joined after the 30th of September.
If applying for the bulk insurance (policies begin 01 April), do your group volunteers do any of the following activities (as volunteers for your group):
- Use of chainsaws, SCUBA diving, horse riding, fire-break maintenance, back-burning or traditional burning, animal baiting/shooting, or events exceeding 500 people or 1 day (tick boxes). These activities are excluded from insurance cover, but occasionally these exclusions can be removed after providing further information. We will contact you if you tick any of these activities.
If applying for the Landcare Assistance Program grant (small admin grant, usually paid out in May):
- The group's ABN (if applicable), and whether the group is GST registered
- The Project Bank: this is an opportunity to tell us about any project proposals for which you may require support. The link to this survey is on the very last page.
If you need someone else in your group to make the payment and acquit the LAP grant (e.g. your group's Treasurer):
We now have two magic links to copy and send to your Treasurer to make a payment for your group and acquit the LAP grant without them having to log in.
They will not have access to the other Membership Form pages.
How to Renew Online:
- Click the Membership Login button below
- Log in to your group's account using the boxes on the right (ignore the account activation on the left)
- Email Address: The Primary Contact's email address
- Password: All new group membership accounts are set up with the password CommunityLandcare, which we recommend you change in Account Settings after logging in. If you changed your password and can't remember it, click the 'Forgot Your Password?' button for instructions.
- You are now logged into the Members Toolbox.
- Click on the green button labelled "Click here for Annual Membership Form, Online Payment, Insurance & LAP grant Applications".
- Complete each page (don't forget to scroll down and click the Next button on each page)
- Update your group's contact information, and
- Provide your group's volunteer numbers and activities
- Choose a payment option (if payment is required from your group at this time)
- Apply for the Bulk Insurance, which begins the 1st of April each year
- Apply for the LAP (Landcare Assistance Program) Grant, usually paid around May each year.
- Complete the Acquittal for last year's LAP Grant (if you received it)
- Your renewal is done! But don't stop there if you have projects in mind that you need support for - follow the new link to tell us what you need.
How your group's online profile works:
Each group has an online profile with a username and password. The username is a unique email address; this is the email address for the person you told us was the "Primary Contact" for communications with Landcare Tasmania.
- Since the email address is the unique username for a profile, this means you can't ask someone else in your group to log in and complete the renewal form for you - it won't be connected to your group.
- NEW: Thanks to the amazing developers at For Purpose, Primary Contacts of 2+ groups will be able to complete an online renewal form for all their groups by using a special link that appears in the Members Toolbox.
- If you need to change the Primary Contact email address for your group simply contact us on 6234 7117 or [email protected] Alternatively, the current Primary Contact can log in and change it under Account Settings
By renewing your Landcare Tasmania membership you agree to the following code of conduct:
- Notify Landcare Tasmania of any Landcare events run by the group prior to the event. You can do this online from the Members Toolbox, or send us the details by email.
- Ensure the safety of myself and others involved in Landcare activities including conducting a safety/risk assessment for all group activities. We have made it easy for you: please click here to view Landcare Tasmania’s safety guide.
- Will not purport to speak on behalf of Landcare Tasmania or other Landcare groups without permission.
- Ensure communications from your group including social media are respectful and correct and that they will not bring the name Landcare into disrepute.
- Read communications that are directed to your group Primary Contact.
- Respond to reasonable requests for information about your group in a timely manner.
- Seek approval from the relevant land owners/ managers prior to conducting any activities.
For help with this process please call (03) 6234 7117. Otherwise send us an email [email protected] If possible, send a screen shot of any error messages so we can sort them out quickly.