(13-Jul-2021) We're thrilled to share with you the emerging lineup of both home grown and world renowned speakers, panelists, workshops, and field trip guides!
It’s exciting times in the Landcare Tas office this month, as we ramp up to our biennial Community Landcare Conference, a 3-day weekend of events to be held in Launceston, 1st - 3rd October 2021!
Here's a sneak peek at some of the fantastic Saturday Conference program, ahead of early bird ticket sales finishing next week on Monday 19 July.
As always, the Saturday conference day boasts an impressive line up of talks, workshops and panel discussions, as well as plenty of time to sip tea and catch up with other incredible Landcarers. This year’s main stage hosted by the vibrant, thoughtful and passionate Hilary Burden.
Conference Day Speakers Sneak Peek:
- Todd Dudley from the North East Bioregional Network, winner of the SERA Excellence in Ecological Restoration Practice, talking on Preventing, halting and reversing land degradation,
- Andrew Marlton (FDotM) hosting a panel on Agroecology with a suite of amazing speakers, including Teresa Chapman.
- Peter Stronach, Landcare Tasmania’s Acting CEO on Community Landcare Action and Results,
- Kerry Bridle, Ecologist: conservation management in agricultural landscapes
- Cayne Layton, Help for our kelp: restoring Tasmania’s disappearing giant kelp forests
- Ruth Molison, From Little Things : Hands on Workshop Collecting processing and storing seeds
- Jessie Panazzolo, from the Lonely Conservationist on Conserving Our Volunteers
To hear more about the big Friday welcome, Saturday Conference & Awards dinner, and Sunday Field trips, head to our main Conference page:
Four Field Trips across the North of Tasmania:
More info coming soon at the following link:
Don’t forget to nominate your group, your neighbours group, or one of the amazing groups featured on our blog or social media for one of the Tasmanian awards or National Landcare Awards this year.
Landcare Tasmania Recognition Awards are for Roll of Honour, Honorary Life Member and the Tasmanian Premiers Award.
Tasmanian Landcare Award categories are:
- Australian Government Individual Landcarer Award
- Australian Government Partnerships for Landcare Award
- Australian Government Landcare Farming Award
- Coastcare Award
- Landcare Community Group Award
- Woolworths Junior Landcare Team Award
- Indigenous Land Management Award
- Young Landcare Leadership Award
We’re running another great raffle in aid of putting on the conference weekend, at $5 a ticket and a suite of excellent prizes, it's a bargin while also helping make this event truly spectacular. Prizes include:
- 2 x tickets to Matthew Evans Fat Pig Farm Feast in the Huon Valley valued at $380.
- 2 Adults to travel on an award-winning 3 Hour Wilderness Cruise with either Bruny Island Cruises or Tasman Island Cruises. This voucher is valued at $290
- Marini Ferlazzo Tasmanian Devil Print. Valued at $150
- Jeremy Boot - Scarlet Robin Print. Valued at $70
Plus heaps more!
Volunteer at the conference weekend
Landcare Tasmania is built on volunteering. If you would like to help bring this fantastic weekend of events together and get some “behind the scenes” action, sign up below.