Friends of Ralphs Bay
Friends of Ralphs Bay formed in November 2020 to maintain and protect the natural beauty and environmental values of Ralphs Bay. We also aim to provide a community voice to advocate and lobby for planning policies and strategies to protect the natural environmental values of Ralphs Bay. We liaise with the Clarence Council and PWS to facilitate these aims.
Friends of Ralphs Bay is an active Coast Care group that works to protect the Dorans Road Foreshore of Ralphs Bay and Richardons Beach by:
- Maintaining the existing walking track to Richardson’s Beach,
- Removing priority weeds such as boxthorn, bone seed, serrated tussock.
- Selective planting of native vegetation. e.g. on National Tree Day.
- Monitoring erosion and damage to the foreshore.
- Regularly conducting rubbish clean ups and formally participating in Clean Up Australia Day.
We hold seasonal working bees for the above activities.
We hold an annual general meeting with general meetings and committee meetings as necessary.
This information is provided for people to contact member groups about their community Landcare activities. Anyone wishing to distribute information generally to groups should contact Landcare Tasmania with their request.
Name: Howard Smith
Mobile phone: 0414 727327