Landcare Tasmania entered into a formal Partnership agreement with Kingborough Council in 2017. Landcare Tasmania and Kingborough Council recognise they have mutual interests in community Landcare and that both provide complementary services and support to activities and outcomes in the municipality.
Landcare Tasmania and Kingborough Council recognise three complementary aims for the partnership:
- To facilitate and support the community so that they may play an active role in caring for Kingborough’s natural environment.
- To work together to create a culture of Landcaring that invites, inspires and is inclusive, and that the Kingborough community wants to belong to.
- To provide recognition and support for each party’s activities in fostering these aims.
Our shared objectives for the partnership are to work within our resources and
- Maintain and expand the types of support available to support community Landcare
- Encourage new ‘Care’ groups to form around their areas of interest in the municipality
- Promote the sharing of resources, knowledge and experience among community Landcare Goups
- Assist groups in achieving good governance for their organisations
- Assist groups to apply sound planning to their events and activities
- To foster and support groups to carry out safe Landcare activities
Landcare Tasmania and Kingborough Council agree to work together to:
- Share and promote details of Landcare activities and events to our constituents and stakeholders
- Recognise and promote the contributions that each organisation makes to delivering Landcare in Kingborough
- Tell the story of community Landcare in Kingborough to a wide audience
- Seek and share opportunities to secure additional funding and resources to support the community Landcare effort
- Act at all times with honesty, integrity and transparency in our dealings with community Landcare
- Provide an annual forum for community Landcare in Kingborough to recognise, foster, promote and reward community groups and individuals in the municipality
- Work constructively to find solutions to issues that might be brought forward by community Landcare groups