Does your group need Insurance cover? Apply below
The Landcare Bulk Insurance policies include public liability insurance and volunteer workers accident insurance for Landcaring activities. The policies are managed by our broker partner Austcover and insurance is provided by Chubb and Keystone. The 2023 Bulk Insurance Policy will begin on 01 April 2023 and will be provided by Keystone. The deadline to apply is 01 March 2023.
Insurance Grant Eligibility
To be eligible for the grant which covers the cost of insurance, your group must meet the following criteria:
- The group has concrete plans for regular volunteer working bees, community events or meetings between 01 April 2023 - 31 March 2024
- The group does not have public liability insurance cover already
- The group does not have volunteer accident insurance cover already
The group acknowledges that they understand which activities are excluded from cover:
- Use of chainsaws, unless the user is certified to perform operation
- Tree lopping, cutting or removal where the tree involves exceeds five metres in height
- Any burning activities
- Any creating or ploughing of firebreaks
- Any bicycle repairs
- Activities for which extra cover can be added on a case by case basis subject to insurer approval and possible extra premium:
- Any shooting or baiting of animals
- Any SCUBA Diving
- Any event or excursions exceeding one day duration or 500 attendees
- Any overnight excursions/camping
- Any participation in any sporting activity or event
Not eligible: Member groups that are already insured through policies held by Council, Wildcare, NRE, the Department Children & Young People, or other insurance such as farm or business insurance.
Who is covered: The volunteer insurance covers Landcaring activities for volunteers only. It does not cover contractors or employees. You must be aware of what is excluded from cover: Click here for Insurance FAQ (opens in a new window).
Cost: The number of "core volunteers" in your group (the committee members / decision makers) determines the cost of the insurance premium. If insurance premiums stay the same for 2023, fees will be $200 for groups led by 10 or less core volunteers, $410 for groups led by more than 10 core volunteers. The cost of your group's insurance will be covered with no out of pocket cost to your group, by funds from the Landcare Assistance Program (LAP) Insurance Grant, or in some cases the Landcare Bulk Insurance Policy fee may be sponsored by a local council.
Option 1: YES we need insurance
Click the button to apply
Apply for Bulk Insurance Cover
Option 2: No or Unsure
Select an option to confirm you are not applying for insurance now, then click the SUBMIT button.